Hi. I’m Becky — a sometimes wannabe, or die-hard try-hard if you will. It’s fine. I’m coming to terms with it. In fact, I like to think it just sums up my curious, passionate, open-minded, adventurous, positive, loud, always growing personality. Helter-skelter works here, too.
Somewhere along the line, I lost myself (Ugh. How cliché.). I started worrying too much about what other people thought and began editing myself. In an effort to reclaim the Becky of yesteryear, I’m going to start speaking (writing) my mind more. I try to teach my kids ‘honesty with kindness’ and want to practice what I preach. It’s time to put my words out there for you to mildly enjoy, go wild over, majorly detest, laugh at, or any other emotion I can dredge out of you.
I started this blog to fill my creative void and grow, both as a writer and a person.
A Word to the Wise:
- I’m a glass half full kind of girl. Yes, I know that will get under the skin of some of you. If you start to get the shakes, feel free to step out for a hit of Negative Ned-ness.
- I’m a classic over-sharer. What can I say? I’m passionate and I like people, so when a topic comes up and I’m jonesing to join in, it can get a little difficult to curb my enthusiasm. I totally get that this is not for everyone and am working on being okay with that.
- I am a speed talker. We’re talking Six from Blossom. Again, enthusiasm, passion, excitement, positivity, blah, blah, blah.
- I believe a little cheese never hurt anyone (to clarify, I’m referring to metaphorical cheese. Literal cheese worsens my eczema). I am also aware that the term “little” is subjective, so if things are getting too cheesy for you, again, feel free to take a walk on the serious side somewhere else.
- I love me an Oxford comma. They will make appearances in my writing, especially since I don’t really get to use them professionally and sometimes find myself experiencing a wee bit of withdrawal.
- Hashtags make me happy. I like to use them. A lot. I use them when texting, tweeting, ‘gramming, and pretty much any other communication platform I come across. Sometimes, you just need to sum things up. And, yes, I know it’s not cool anymore. See point 4 (above). #cheesy
- I don’t drink beer. Take a moment … Recovered, yet? I roll with some pretty amazing beer guzzling women, and if they can get past it, I have faith that you can too.
Consider yourself warned.